Call Centers are being successfully outsourced by large multi-nationals companies (MNCs) to other regions of the world (for example Philippines, India, West Indies). With the attraction of such customers untold benefits are being reaped: such as country’s traditional images are changing to high-tech hubs; information technology (IT) and services market are booming and improvement in standard of living.
Research has identified that Bangladesh can exploit the full benefit of offshore market with the help of a vast cost-effective workforce of educated, English-speaking personnel, low-cost technology, and proper government support.
Identifying proper government support as being fundamental in making Bangladesh a major contender in the offshore market, the entrepreneurs have created the Bangladesh Association of Call Center & Outsourcing (BACCO). The role of BACCO is to encourage creation of proper policies and regulations; ensure in place are fair and appropriate operating environment; and provide assistance to interested operators who want to enter the market. BACCO will work with any recognised authorities such as Bangladesh Telecommunication Regulatory Commission (BTRC), other ministries and organisations to meet the objectives.
Role and Objectives
- To ensure fair and objective call center policies and regulations are in place within the shortest period of time.
- Advocate fair operating environment are in place from all government departments.
- To promote Call Center and BPO services globally.
- Make Bangladesh a major competitive offshore contender for the MNCs.
- To ensure good governance is established.
- To open a new high tech sector in Bangladesh and thereby earn foreign currency.
- Assist in generating new employment and human resource for the call center market.